.

Herbs used for protection


Rosemary is one of my favorite herbs grown in the garden.  It is easy to grow and very hardy.  This herb is  both magickal and fragrant to me. Used for magick, lay rosemary under the bed to protect the sleeper from all harm.  Rosemary when burned, emits powerful cleansing and purifying vibrations, and so is smouldered to rid a place of negativity , especially prior to performing magick.  It is one of the oldest incenses.

Magickal powers of rosemary include: protection, love, lust, mental powers, exorcism, purification, healing, sleep and youth.
Rosemary is generally used as a substitute for frankincense.




Scallop Shells may be used in protection Spells

primitive witch
Each time I visit the seashore I walk along the sand, as far as I can go looking out over the water at how vast the ocean really is, there's water as far as you can see. The sound of the waves moving in and out, continuously over and over is very meditative. As I walk along the sand my eyes are watching for special treasures from this place.

This trip we collected these beautiful scallop shells and just as we were leaving, a sponge happened to show up. I always feel great when bringing something back home that is a symbol of water, it's magical to me. These shells contain energy that may be placed on my altar or placed anywhere or given away. Water is one of the elements that connect all things and water is commonly associated with the qualities of emotion and intuition. Other symbolism of water is seen in the tarot as represented by the Suit of Cups. As the Element of Water itself, the Suit of Cups focuses on our conscious feelings and chosen relationships. Each card reflects another way in which we express ourselves in word and deed, as well as the inner-workings of the complex creature called love.